Wednesday, December 2, 2015

In this year’s March Madness, there are a few teams who I could definitely see being the new Cardiac Pack.  One is the University of Dayton.  This team is currently unranked but they do not get the respect that they deserve.  They are a team who made the sweet sixteen last year and graduated almost nobody.  This team is a quality basketball program who showed us that they were a team to be respected in last year’s tournament.  Dayton is a team who can definitely make the tournament and will win at least two games.  But because they are unranked, people will not take them as seriously as they should and will be a Cinderella team.  This team made it to the sweet sixteen last year and should be able to do it again.  Another team who could upset some of the “good” teams in the tournament is Monmouth.  Yes their bench is the best in basketball, but the people on the court have also shown that they should not be overlooked.  Monmouth has a win over ranked Notre Dame and UCLA.  This team not only brings energy to the court with their outstanding bench theatricals, but also have proved to everyone that they are a team who can upset some of the best teams in the nation.  But the team that I can’t wait to see in March is the team that nobody is going to expect.  I don’t have any clue what team it is going to be, but I know that there will be a team who comes out of nowhere and ruins my chances at ESPN’s one million dollars or Warren Buffett’s one billion dollars for a perfect bracket.  Every year I have a solid start to my bracket through the first couple of games, but about halfway through the first day of the first round things always go south for me.  Because of Cinderella teams like Dayton, I have never won a bracket pool.  This is why I have a love/hate relationship with upsets.  I love seeing the good teams lose early in tight games, but I hate them because it always ruins my brackets and costs me money.  There are some teams that we all know are going to go far like Kentucky or Michigan State.  Both teams are well coached and are in the top five ranked teams in the country.  But one thing about Kentucky that I hate is how they are basically a D-league for the NBA.  Every year they have about five new Freshmen who all have outstanding years and then go straight to the NBA.  It is basically a feeder for the draft, which I don’t like.  I enjoy watching players who stay with their college for extended periods of time like Jordan did.  This is why I don’t think that Jordan can be compared with Lebron and Kobe.  Jordan played four years for North Carolina while Lebron and Kobe just skipped college.   

No comments:

Post a Comment